2020 DISTRICT WINTER MISSION TRIP
January 19 - 25, 2020
Join others in the Shawnee Valley District as we travel to Laurinburg, North Carolina to assist with clean-up, REPAIR and rebuilding after past hurricane damage.
Partners in Ministry, Inc is the organization that will be coordinating our work. We had a wonderful experience with them last year and they are looking forward to our return.
Here is some basic information as you consider working alongside us:
• A deposit of $50 by December 19 to confirm your spot on the team (deposit will go towards purchase of breakfast & lunch items the team plus the daily fee for materials, etc.). Make your check payable to Shawnee Valley District UMC, 573 E Main Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601.
• A final payment of $150 due by January 13. Please don't let this additional amount deter you from joining us - if this is a hardship, pay a much as you can and we'll make arrangements to cover the balance.
• We will worship together in the District Office at 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning, January 19, pack the vans and leave Ohio via vans / cars around 10:00 a.m. (we will work out travel arrangements once we know who has committed to the team). Fuel expenses will be covered for the van(s) and pick-up truck/work trailer only.
• Accommodations will be at a local church in North Carolina close to our assigned work site. There will be showers. You will need to bring a cot / air mattress / sleeping bag and all personal toiletries. If you prefer to secure other accommodations, it will be at your cost.
• Work days on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
• Return to Ohio on January 24 or January 25
• Each day we will have breakfast at the church, pack our lunches to eat at the work site, then go to dinner at a local restaurant at your own expense. (Breakfast and lunch items will be purchased with the deposit money and district funds).
• Anyone may join us; there will be jobs for every age and every skill level (students must be at least 13 and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
• Verification of Safe Sanctuaries training is requested
If you need more information, contact Diana Hall at the District Office. We hope you join us for a time of work, fun and new friendships!